Top 5 adventure games of 2012
TOP 5 ADVENTURE GAMES OF 2012
I will keep it simple. Adventure games was a dying genre, till it saw a resurgence in the past few years. I am simply stating the best 5 adventure games of 2012.
1) The Walking Dead ( All the episodes) - The game, which has rivalled Heavy Rain with it's storytelling, narration and breath a gasp script and unforgetable characters with multiples choices guiding you as one progresses through the game. This game was the watermark moment of Adenture Gaming for all times. It can be compared with the best of the lot. Be it the The Longest Journey, Gabriel Knight, Syberia - The Walking Dead is the best adventure game of 2012 with no competition even close enough.
2) The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - The Sherlock Holmes games are classics and all gamers look forward to each one of them. This was no different. Pretty tough puzzle solving but absorbing with vibrant graphics and a twisted story, which stays with you, even after u finish it. It may not come a close second to The Walking Dead, but its a clear silver medalist. If you want some old school adventure gaming for company - Look no further - hail a hansom, light your pipe and play this game.
3) Primordia - This game is a gem. I won't tell much but if you liked Wall-E and the naughty robot in protal. This game is right down your alley. One of the best independent productions to emereg in recent times. Well written, beautifully sketched and just an awesome adventure game, which shouldn't be missed at any cost.
4) The Cat Lady - If you love horror adventure games, which play with your mind...look no further. Just buy this game. Its a masterpiece. Some people may think I am going overboard with such a statement, but the surreal imagery in this game coupled with the soundtrack will give you goosepimples. Its one of the most ingenious adventure games ever made recently.
5) Amber's Blood - An excellent Carol Reed adventure and the puzzles and the story is evenly balanced. What I really liked about this game was that it didn't have any fancy graphics and was presently lucidly with slideshows and music and sound effects which added to the atmosphere. I really enjoyed playing this game.
People may even give Deponia and Resonance a shot.