Samsung Infuse™ 4G Android 2.3.6 Upgrade Now Available from AT&T/Samsung
Samsung Infuse™ 4G Android 2.3.6 Upgrade
Yes, Samsung/AT&T have now fixed the bugs in the Samsung Infuse 4G Gingerbread update they released earlier in February this year. The have rolled out the new 2.3.6 Gingerbread update today. The update is available on the Samsung website and can be installed using Kies Mini. Kies Mini is available for download on the Samsung website.
As a precaution it is highly recommend that you Back Up all critical information before applying this upgrade, although it is not necessary.
Note:- Upgrading the firmware of the Infuse 4G to 2.3.6 will result in loss of "Root". This is not recommended for users who are currently running apps in their phone which require Root.
- Desktop/Laptop Computer Running Either Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, or XP.
- Administrative Privileges Required To Download & Install Software Including Drivers.
- An Available USB Port On The PC That Supports 2.0 USB.
- Windows Media Runtime 11 (automatically installed by Kies Mini if not present).
- Fully Charged Battery.
Note: The upgrade process may not complete if the battery is not at a sufficient level.
- USB Data Cable (Included In Retail Box)
Step 1: Obtaining Kies Mini
If at anytime you have an issue with Kies mini refer to our basic troubleshooting steps for help.
- To obtain a copy of Kies Mini for the PC, click download button below.
- Save the file to a specified location. We recommend saving to your Desktop for easy access.